2.27.2012

the maine

One day, when I was like a senior in high school, The Maine played a show at Avalon Theater with Family Force Five. I had found The Maine a while earlier while browsing Purevolume, and seeing them featured on the main page. I saw the picture of them that looked much like this:


John is in the front and I kind of fell in love with him when I saw this picture. So what did I do? Looked them up and loved their music! My best friend, Megan, started loving them too. So when they decided to visit Salt Lake we were quite pleased.

We went to the Avalon excited as ever. When we got in we waited. Then we waited. Then the opening band came on. Then we waited. The the peeps started setting up for The Maine. And behold, I saw John sticking his head out through a window above the stage. That's when Megan and I started freaking out. It was John! From The Maine!



Can you blame me for being in love with this man? If you can, then you've got terrible style in men. Which, I guess is okay.
So they came on in all their glory and daaang it was good. They didn't swear, they played well.


This is the moment when I noticed Kennedy, the guitarist...




I could have dare said there weren't many men more attractive than this one. There he was, playing his guitar and looking fine.

They played my six favorite songs from their album The Way We Talk, because, that was their only album. And there was only six songs on that album.A fter their rather intriguing performance they slowly trickled out into the crowd while Family Force Five set up. Pat came out first and Megan went up to him and said, "Pat!" and he gave her a hug. We both talked to him, took a picture with him, and got his autograph. Then came Kennedy. When I asked for a picture with him, we posed and he rubbed my back. It was so exciting!

Megan got a hug from Patrick and I got a back rub from Kennedy!

Then we talked to Jared, and best of all, John. Oh John. He was gorgeous. And tall.

Kennedy, Megan, John, me




















We couldn't find Garrett, the bassist, and we need him to complete our autographed cd's and get a picture. John said he'd text him, and it worked! He wasn't as friendly as the others, but after seeing John and Kennedy, I didn't really care.

Upon our completion of meeting every member of The Maine we walked outside while the lady at the front told us, "No reentry". And we said, "Heck if we care!" (Back then, I didn't know Family Force Five or I would have stayed).

We were just so excited about meeting The Maine that we ran out to my car, got in, and started screaming and laughing and squealing for about 5 minutes. We were FREAKING out. It was hilarious and a bit weird. Basically, it was the best concert ever. And it's really held that Top 1 for a while now, even though I don't like them very much anymore. It was really just the most exciting concert I've ever been to. Until recently, New Empire stole the prize. It only took that long because it takes a lot for me to giggle and squeal like a little girl who just found out the cute boy in the class has a crush on her.

Yep. I loved The Maine. But they broke my heart by adding gross words to their songs and shows. They started swearing up the wazoo and it really cheesed me off. Their fame got to them, and their music went a little bit shizzy. I am so sad.

Anyways, I think I might do some more reminiscing of my high school and early collegehood days. Because it's fun. And I was so different then. But also kind of the same. In ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment