3.04.2012

perform

on wednesday, i performed for a lots of peoples. my friend, kelsie, was setting up a little concert/dance party for her friend, chase, who was running for some student office on campus. she asked me to play, so i opened up the show with a few of my originals, and the song 'you don't see me' by safetysuit. it's a really nice song. my roommates came, which was so nice of them. i have the best roommates. my sister katie, my old roommate katie, aleisha, and lizzie also came.

i got up to the stage and did my thang. my thang includes one foot shaking tremendously in spouts. it also includes my voice being quite shaky and not hitting notes how i should hit them. it's very annoying, especially cause once i'm up there, i'm really not nervous. it's my subconscious. it wants me to fail. after the first two songs i started relaxing a bit and getting notes right. and by the last song i was doin pretty good. of course, i forgot the words to my own song. but i guess that gives it some character.

on friday i got a call from mr. chase. he's throwing another party to thank everyone who helped him win (cause, btw, he won). he asked me if i would play. i said but of course! i asked if the other 4 bands were playing. he said, 'no, just you. i think people enjoyed you the most.'

what?!

i guess i'm not that bad, sometimes.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome!! I woulda been there if I wasn't so far away (plus it was terrible weather that night). Way to go Em ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. he seriously asked you to play again?! emily that is so wonderful. you really did do a GREAT job! you are swell! :)

    ReplyDelete