2.13.2012

you? psh, me.

This seems to be the theme of far too many men I know.

Boy walks up to me, hugs me. I ask how he is. He immediately proceeds to brag about his latest project/life experiences. Sometimes he even shows me a picture or video to demonstrate. I am interested, because I actually care about other people's lives, so I ask questions, smile, and act excited, because I am. We talk for a while then he starts to walk away as he finishes his last brag, not once asking me how I am or what's new with me.

I guess men have found out the secret of women.

We LOVE when men do that. 

In fact, we can't get enough of it.

All we want when we talk to a guy is for him to brag about his accomplishments and fun things he's been up to and then dash off, without a care.

It makes us feel special that he would care about us that much to tell us all those things about himself, that he trusts us enough to share that special information.

I can't remember the last time I was on a date where I didn't feel super special. This is because my date always made sure to brag about himself the whole time, and never bother to get to know me, because I would hate it if he got to know me.

I mean, what girl would ever want to talk to a guy that said,
"Hey, how are you?"
"What have you been up to?"
"It was great to talk to you."
"That's so cool that you did that!"

Not me.

I guess guys just understand us girls. They know we don't want them to get to know us. They know we don't like talking about ourselves. They know that the way to our heart is by talking about themselves for hours.


I am so grateful.


Disclaimer: I don't love talking about myself, I just wish it could be a little more two sided.



2 comments:

  1. emily jenkins, you are genuinely one of the funniest people i know. i loved this post. a lot. and i completely agree on every point. i'm glad we're friends. :)

    ReplyDelete