2.14.2012

valentines day

NOT single awareness day.

I am aware that I am single most days. Heavens. Valentines is not about having a kissing buddy.

It's about love.

I have a lot of people in my life that I love, and I don't even have a kissing buddy. There is nothing wrong with being single. It just means you can crush on, cuddle, and hang out with any guy you wish. You can even like multiple guys at the same time! When you're not single, all of those privileges are taken away. However, when you're not single, you love not having those privileges so it all works out.

Valentines is a day of love. Not sulking that you're single. So maybe you should make valentines for your friends. Or your mom. Or a boy that you like. Remember when you were a kid and you made Valentines for your friends and left it on their porch and doorbell ditched? You probably don't, because my friends and I were the only ones that did that. We made it up. But now I'm giving you permission to copy us.

All you 'single awareness day' people. I hope you did not think like that when you were a child in elementary. Back when we all brought cool valentines boxes, like toasters and toilets, and walked around the classroom and gave everyone valentines and treats and put it in their boxes. You were probably sulking, thinking "I'm already nine years old and I'm still single. My teacher isn't single. I hate her. Why does she get someone and I don't?" This thinking is just a excuse to feel bad about yourself and cover up your insecurities about being single by telling everyone, "Happy Single Awareness day!" Well, to that I say boo.
 
Just think of all the people you love and that love you. That's what Valentines is all about, Charlie Brown.

3 comments:

  1. oh my goodness...i completely agree! what's with all these happiness suckers that think valentines day is worthless unless your dating someone. i would almost dare to say this is my favorite holiday - significant other or not. and, not to be weird but i love you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, I never thought the <3 actually looked like a heart. I guess I'm right, it doesn't. Previous comment translation: Love it!

    ReplyDelete