2.17.2014

part february // logan, utah

For my February activity, I went to a COLLEGE PARTY. I live for these. And I haven't been to one since I was in college. Like a year ago. It was time I got my wiggles out.

My friend, Katie, was throwing a Sweetheart Soirée in Logan and I moved back home just in time to attend. I drove up to Logan on Thursday and I must admit, I was quite giddy during the car ride, especially driving through Sardine Canyon and into town. It's been over 5 months since I've made that drive!

My first stop was to my dear friend, Jason's. We had a little chat then I headed over to my main boys' house (Mark, Dallon, and roommates). Long embraces were given and hello's were exchanged. Dallon, Mark, and I went to Beto's for old times sake and got carne asada fries. We got them last time we went there and I said they looked like soup and the fries were noodles. Ever since then it's like a big joke amongst those two. So, we went to celebrate soup and noodles by eating Mexican fries.

Next, we went to the Valentines Party! 

Mark (me) Zachary

(me) Katie and Tmera
As you can see, when I dance, my cheeks get real hot and red. But hey, it goes with the Valentine colors sooo. And, it's proof that I had fun. Red cheeks = proof of fun.
Sydney, Dallon, Katie, (me), Mark, Zach

Dallon and I even got on the DJ stage and danced. And you know what? I should teach dance lessons because I'm pretty sure I've got it going on

On Friday, Mark and I went to breakfast at Herm's and I got a quite enormous pancake. 


I ate maybe 1/3. But of course, I took it home and ate some more.

We walked up to campus and I reminisced in my head about how much I love that place. It was raining and my shoes were not equipped for that, so my feet were drenched and I was cold. But it just added to the reminiscing experience.

Later Dallon and I jammed for hours. We played some old songs we've learned/put together including Wanted and Don't You Worry Child. Then we learned Everything Has Changed real quick and decided that was probably our best song so far. 

For Valentines evening, Mark, Weston, and I ate spaghetti. It was like our own personal version of Lady and the Tramp except it was Lady and Two Tramps.

On Saturday I got to see Ray Ray Cottrell and her boo. These two are my favorite couple, mostly because I was there when they first met, first started dating, got murried, and probs when they have kids and grand ones, too. We ate delicious spaghetti made by Chef Josh (the Mr.) and discussed deep topics like friends and jobs.  

By Saturday afternoon, I was tuckered out. Being a guest for 3 days is exhausting, just saying. So that's when my excursion ended and now I feel like I'm really home again.

No comments:

Post a Comment