2.01.2014

gordon and betty

I've been living with some family friends while in Washington. Their names are Gordon and Betty. Their two kids are all grown up and married so it's just me and them. They really are the funniest people I know. Some of the best times are just eating dinner and chatting with them.

They know my love for m&m's all too well and sent three Costco sized bags of them to me for Christmas. That's like 10 pounds. Then when I returned back to Vancouver after the holidays there were a few bags of m&m's and even a little m&m car waiting for me!

Gordon says the funniest things all the time. He's a somewhat quiet man and he doesn't crack a smile when he says these things.

A while ago I was helping him and Betty put a new couch in their living room. It was huge and their doorway is not huge. It was somewhat of a difficult time, but we got it. Gordon asked me if I was okay. I said I was and he said, "Oh good, I just want to make sure you can still give birth. I'm not worried about Betty; she's done with that."

I kind of died of laughter.

Another time I had some friends over for a fire in the back yard. Gordon set it up for us and was telling my friends about how he used to be a fire walker. Betty came out and they were going to go get pizza. Gordon said that they were going to go get a hotel so, "Emily, you know how to lock up the house."

Before Thanksgiving, Betty was teaching me how to make pumpkin rolls. We were in the kitchen chatting when she said something like, "...but what do I do?" Gordon walked in right then, stopped, put his hands on his hips and said, "What do you do?!" Of course Betty glared at him while I laughed hysterically.

Often Gordon will call Betty 'Sister Spears' when talking to me. Betty doesn't love it. But it's hilarious.

Sometimes Gordon tells Betty they need to clean the house for their 'guest'. Betty just rolls her eyes and says, "She's not a guest. She lives here!"

I have had many laughs in this house.

3 comments:

  1. You better take a picture with them before you leave so you can remember them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are not at all how I pictured them, but they look adorable! So lovable. Also, that dress looks AMAZING on you. I'm so happy to see it on a good home.

    ReplyDelete