2.07.2014

the final days.

I just arrived home in Utah yesterday after a long 12 hour drive from Washington today. It was a tearful goodbye; I was so sad to leave.

I finished my internship on Tuesday and that night, Betty and Gordon took me to see the Piano Guys in downtown Portland. But first we stopped by Killer Burger to get my last peanut butter burger before I left. Those peanut butter burgers I tell you... a burger with peanut butter, pickles, onions, and more... what could be better?! They are divine. For reals. The concert was great and I was exhausted by the end of that day.

On Wednesday, Betty and I went to Costco for samples, Winco for treats, McSteven's Hot Chocolate for hot chocolate, and Carol's Corner Café for some chicken noodle soup and fries. We got home and made some delicious carrot cake. I was supposed to head home Friday, but the weather did not look promising. I barely missed the storm yesterday, luckily. My friend, Steph, came over later and we played Nertz with Betty and Gordon. It was hilarious.

At one point Gordon said to us, "...Bunch of old ladies."
Steph said, "Excuse me?!?!"
Gordon stopped and looked straight at her, "Did I stutter?"

So that was a fun game. Steph and I were laughing the whole time.
Bev (Betty's sister), me, and Betty
Thursday morning, Betty and Gordon got up early to make me breakfast. They spoil me. I left at 6:50am and picked up Josh for the long 12 hour drive to Utah.
We had great conversation.
But really, we did talk. We made it in 11.5 hours. Not terribly bad.
It was incredibly windy and a bit scary, but at least the roads were clear.

Now I feel torn. I want Washington back. But I like Utah. Great...

No comments:

Post a Comment