3.01.2014

lumps clumps

Well, she's done it again. Little sister, Lindsay, got sick. She finished chemotherapy one year ago and what do you know? She has moved on from lumps to clumps. On Thursday she went to the doc for some chest tightness and they found a couple blood clots in her lungs, or as I like to call them, pulmonary emboli.

The doctor sang, "Are you gonna stay the night? Are you gonna stay the night? Ahhh ahhh ahh ahh are you gonna stay the night?" and Lindsay was like, "Fine".

So Dad and I brought some Cafe Rio up to the hospital. Katie and Carlee showed up and we all hung out in the wee hospital room. Katie, Lin, and I watched the Bach into the late evening hours and can I just say, I never liked Juan P. from the very beginning.


I slept over with Lin. They had a bench that turned into kind of a bed. Somehow I slept okay even though people came in throughout the night greedy for Lindsay's blood.

She was discharged the next day and has to shoot herself in the belly with some medicine 14 times in the next week. Then she'll take some Coumadin in pill form for many weeks and her blood will thin out a bit. 


What a bummer. But all is well.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment