4.29.2013

triathlon

holy crap, i just did a triathlon!

i've never done a race before and it was one of my new years goals. well, my goal was actually to run a 10k or a half marathon. but i think this counts. it was a 500 yard swim, 9 mile bike, and 5k run. it kicked my butt pretty good. a nice little chunk of that biking was uphill, which was killer. and i didn't even have a road bike! no matter, i still finished in 1 hour and 26 minutes. my goal was an hour and a half, so i barely beat it. and i beat my records in swimming and running!

the whole time i was racing i kept thinking, "what was i thinking?!"
but even though i kind of hated it, i also really loved it. and once i forget the hate part, i'll probably do it again!

this kid, mark, right here kicked my butt. but i knew he would; he has a gender advantage! he kind of got me into doing this triathlon, so holler! best day ever.



1 comment: