4.13.2013

fiesta: the before



So, a few days ago I made a Facebook event titled, "Viva la Fiesta". Really nice, right? Right.

This was the description that I wrote:
...................................................................................
Come dance the night away like a true Mexican! There will even be a real half Mexican there!

Features include:
-Giant 7 layer dip
-Dance party featuring DJ Dub
-Mexican Photobooth with sombreros and mustaches to make you look like a true Mexican
-Pin the mustache on the Mexican
-Bonfire to burn your mustache
-Giant Nacho Libre poster for your viewing pleasure

Dress up like a Mexican and come shake your booty like one, too. If you don't know how, there will be Mexican booty shaking lessons.
...................................................................................
Now, I know exactly what you're thinking.... 
"ha." 
...am I right? 

Well, some girl commented and said it was culturally insensitive. "Not going to lie the description of this is offensive," she said.

Um excuse me. A half Mecican helped me write this! Well, not really. But she supported my writing of this and helped me plan the party! Oh how I would love to go to an American party with features like fat suits, pin the chest hair on the white man, and hot dog dip on the table.

I guess you're only supposed to throw fiestas if you're Mexican. Luckily I dressed the part well.

1 comment: