5.31.2012

high school days

Megan, Erica, me (2010)

We were the best of friends back in the high school days. 
We even had a band, TeliFone Pole.
This was our first real show. 
There's so much wrong with this picture. 
What were we, especially me, thinking? I actually do remember what i was thinking.  I just wanted to wear all sorts of weird stuff, because I thought it was cool. 
We played this show at a venue called The Circuit.
Megan's friend, Nate, or Oreo as we called him hooked us up and we opened for his band. We sold roughly 30 tickets and made a little cash. I had a crush on Oreo, because he was a really fine black man (half white, half black). When his band was on, I stood right in front of him, below the stage, and stared at his face. I would have married him, but when him and his friend asked Megan and me on a date, we couldn't go because of EFY. After EFY we rarely spoke, me and Oreo. It was just so sad. I often think back and wonder what that date would have been like. Except for I really don't.
Anyways, 
We played at my high school battle of the bands. Yeah, we didn't win, but we did make the school paper because no one expected girls to be... good.
They were like, 'Psh... a bunch of girls think they can rock?'
And we were like,
Then we played a song and they were like, 
We went on to play lots of house shows and open mics with friends.
Always ending with Denny's.
That is why I liked high school.

No comments:

Post a Comment