3.13.2014

Do I know you?

The day: Sunday
The setting: Church, after Sacrament meeting

Due to the fact that I am now living at home, my singles ward consists of people from high school. This one kid, we'll call him George, was standing in the seat stall and Lindsay and I needed to get out. So I kindly asked if I could get through. Then he said, 'hi,' and I told him good job on his lesson today. He then asked me my name.

Now, George and I went to high school together, and even middle school and elementary I believe. Though, we never shared a class to my recollection and I don't think we ever spoke a word. But I did know who he was. Because, I know who most people are. My memory is fantastic.

So anyway, I told him my name and then proceeded to tell him this story of a guy in Washington that I played volleyball with that looked so familiar to me and blah blah blah and then when I saw him (George) at church I realized the kid from Washington was George's doppleganger!  

So he kinda laughed and then asked me my last name. I told him and said we had graduated high school together. He went, 'Ohhh!' like he recognized my name, but I'm pretty sure he didn't know who I was. He possibly recognized my face, but that's it.

After blabbing on for a while I quickly said, "Well, see ya!" and walked away.

WHY AM I WEIRD. 

How embarrassing. But at least I was myself. What more can a girl do?

No comments:

Post a Comment