3.30.2014

the sober life

I've recently started waitressing at a restaurant whilst studying for the RD exam and getting a real dietitian job. As you may or may not know, the restaurant biz brings in kind of trashy/potty mouth type people. They act super profesh on the floor with the customers but the second they walk into the kitchen they're shouting F bombs at each other. They yell vulgarities when they're mad, sad, happy, confused, or speechless. I don't prefer this and have contemplated bringing a bar of soap to wash their mouths out, though I think this may be ineffective because the damage has already been done. Their mothers should have done that years ago, but these profane people range from 23-60 years of age. So you see how that would set me back a smidge. How do you teach old people to act like old people?

Anyway, here are some fun happenings that I have been a part of:

Boy: You should come hang out with a few of us tonight.
Me: What are you gonna do?
Boy: Smoke week and drink beer.
Me: HAHA, I'm not coming.

Guy: Did you grow up in Utah?
Me: Yus
Guy: So you're a Mormon?
Me: Yus
Guy: *Thinks I'm weird. I can tell by his facial expression.*

Jolly old man customer: You must be the prettiest woman I've seen all day!
Me: Oh well that's very nice of you, thank you!
Customer: Let's make it all month!

Boy: You should put Neosporin on that burn.
Me: Oh I do.
Boy: Geez! Sooooorry!
My mind: Don't tell me stupid stuff I already know and then get all defensive when all I say is 'I know'

Man: Are you LDS?
Me: Yus
Man: Well do you still drink and do drugs and stuff?
Me: Um, no.
Man: WHAT DO YOU DO FOR FUN.
Me: Wakeboard, ski...
Man: *Cuts me off* HOW DO YOU DO THAT SOBER?!?
Me: With skillz.

Guy: Is that guy Mormon?
Me: No, he swears a lot.
Guy: Mormons can swear.
Me: Wait, they can?
(PS, that wasn't really my response. I also knew that he smoked, which confirmed that he wasn't Mormon).

Guy: Do you wanna pick up a shift on Sunday?
Me: I have church. Yep, I'm a church girl.
Guy: *Sneers at me and walks away*

So, I mean, it's fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment