9.21.2013

life lessons: shoes

I have a thing for shoes. I have a really big thing for shoes on men. I would take a less attractive man with good shoes over a more attractive man with horrid shoes (in theory). Why? Because the shoes make that less attractive man way more attractive. And also, shoes say a lot about a person. I have shoes ranked in order of horridness to hello-ness.

First, the ugly tennis shoe. If you wear these on a daily basis that's an automatic three strikes. These are only acceptable at the gym or when hiking. They are never acceptable with any jeans under any circumstances. Don't go there.



Next, the nice looking running shoe. Okay yeah, these are good looking shoes fo sho. But they are for sporty activities or a casual day with basketball shorts. They just don't compliment jeans and jeans don't compliment them.

Chucks. These were so a thing a few years ago. But now only musicians with tattoos, nose rings, and girl pants wear these and it's just horrid. There are some men that can pull them off. But it's still my number 20 choice.

TOMS. These shoes are super cute for girls. But they look a little silly on men. Like slippers. There are versions of TOMS that have laces. Those are mucho a better option.

These Puma's are okay. Like, I won't hold it against you if you wear them. But I won't do a double take.

High tops will toootes get a second glance from me. 




And a third and a loooong fourth.

Vans are excellent. Men that wear these just have style. Yesterday I was sitting in institute and a guy came in late. I looked back but could only see his feet. He was wearing these and when I saw his face, lo and behold he was hawt. I knew it from the second I saw his shoes.


These strap puma's are just as good as vans.

If you wear any shoes like the following, I will automatically be attracted to you. Looks or no looks. It's just a thing. These are pretty much 10/10. 
Mens Reef Deck Hand 2 Casual Shoe






So you see, it's important what you put your feet in. If you wear the ugly tennis shoe, people won't date you. Okay that's not true, but I won't date you. So if that's not a threat, then go ahead and wear them.

1 comment:

  1. i love this post! it made me laugh at how true it is! i HATE the ugly tennis shoes...the are horrid and you are completely right. you have good taste of shoes for men, love it!

    ReplyDelete