5.23.2013

Rachie Roo

So, funny enough, this girl, Rachel, just posted a whole blog post about me. And I had one about her in my drafts cause she got murried. We really do think a like, I guess. But anyways... this is what I wrote about her....

One of my very best friends ever got married last week.

Rachel and I have been roommates for over a year and ever since I moved in with her we became fast friends. We're both pretty chill and easy to live with (I think I am...) so it was easy to share a room with her and we had the best pillow talks.

We used to play 'Marry, Makeout, Murder' or 'Do, Date, or Ditch' every night at pillow talk. We didn't like to 'murder' anyone, but we didn't like to 'do' anyone. So sometimes it ended up being 'Marry, Makeout, Ditch'. Here's how it works. For example, I would select three random men, preferably all men that Rachel either likes or doesn't like, so as to make it harder. Then the other one has to choose one to marry, one to makeout with, and one to ditch, not literally. It's quite entertaining.

We both are ridiculously punny and think we're ridiculously funny. It works out, because while we usually roll our eyes at the other, we secretly are laughing hysterically inside.

Rachel would do anything for me in a heartbeat. And she has many times! One time I was hanging out with my work friends and I wanted to leave ever so badly but I had gotten a ride with someone there. I would have been stuck there for hours. I texted Rachel and she drove like ten minutes to come get me! She listens to me talk about boys, even though it's ridiculous. And she is a great example of patience and being the bigger person (not literally). If someone is treating her bad, she is always nice to them. Sometimes it makes me angry because I just want her to smack them. But she's always the bigger person and I think that will get her far in life.

Rachel is younger than me, but she is much smarter and accomplished. She is super independent and she the mom of our house. She was the one who always remembered to take the garbage out on Tuesday nights. I did it once. One time. We would have been in big troubs without her.

I am so grateful I was lucky enough to become such good friends with that girl. The semester before I moved in with her, I lived with a bunch of weirdies. I hated living with them. I immediately started trying to sell my contract and showed my house countless times. Each time having to deep clean every room in the house because my roommates were disgustingly messy. I probably showed it 5-10 times and no one wanted it. By the time the semester ended I was horrified. I couldn't live there for another semester! I just wanted out of that house, and I really wanted out of that ward too. I just wanted new people. Well, I talked to my landlord and he let me switch houses because they had a vacancy in another house. Rachel lived there, and I was kind of worried because we'd known each other for a while, but we weren't really friends yet. And what if she didn't wanna room with me? But I had to get out of that other place. So I moved into her room. And like 3 days later we were besties. It was definitely a blessing that no one bought my contract, even though I was bitter back then. If it weren't for that.... oh dear!

I recently needed to get a printer and since she just got married and both her and Josh had one, she just gave me hers. I said, "Let me pay you," and she said, "No." Then I gave her the rest of my Cafe Rio salad a few days later and she said that would be my payment. What a steal of a deal!

Girl cannot make a normal face to save her life...

 


1 comment:

  1. That IS my normal face......thanks phlegm. I love you more than a whole cafe rio salad!

    ReplyDelete