10.08.2012

little sister

I have exactly one little sister. Little meaning younger. That's the only thing I can say about her that is littler than me. Her personality, height, and amount of time she can talk are all bigger than mine. This girl is not shy.


I'm extremely close with all my sisters in different ways. But being the youngest two kids, Lindsay and I have always had a special bond, if you will. On vacations, we always shared a bed. On cruises, we always shared a room. When the three older kids moved out, it was Lindsay and me. So you see, we were always paired up, so naturally, some bonding is gonna happen.


My little sister just started chemotherapy for Hodgkins Lymphoma. She's doing good and has a priiittty good attitude. I didn't know our family could get closer than we were (cause we were daaang close). But I think we just might have because of this. Trials always bring blessings and I've already seen many. 


Lindsay is one of my three best friends (sisters) in the whole world. 
We laugh and laugh whenever we quote [and especially when we see] the beginning of Titanic. The line where Rose as an old lady says, "Aww yes. The woman in the picture is me." To everyone else, that line has no humor. But to us it does.

We always sing 'Some Nights' by Fun loudly and harmonize in the car.

When we were kids we shared a bedroom. Whenever Lindsay would go to the bathroom, I always smelled her hands to make sure she'd washed them. She usually did, but sometimes she didn't. And when I asked to smell her hands, she would refuse... obviously I wasn't stupid. So I'd tell her to let me smell them, and she'd finally just go wash them. I was such a good teacher of hand washing.

Dad used to pay both of us a whopping two bucks an hour to massage his feet. We gladly did it, and often. Two bucks was like five candy bars back then! 

 
 
So, I say...
Girl, kick that cancer to the gray-ound.

1 comment:

  1. Oh little sisters. You guys (and Katie too) are my best besties. That handwashing story is a classic.

    ReplyDelete