10.16.2012

erica

A few weeks ago, one of my high school best friends, Erica, got married. In high school, we ate lunch together, played at our school talent show, played and went to concerts and Denny's on the weekends. We had jazz band together and since there were so many guitarists and bassists, we got to go in a side room and just jam and talk the whole time with a bunch of people.
She was in my high school band, TeliFone Pole, as the bassist. Her bass was stellar, had a wood top. We (Megan, Erica, and I) were best of friends and band buddies and we hung out all the time. (One time we played a show in my basement and a few other bands came. They played so loud some of the pictures fell off the walls!)
We did things like... 

take Valentines pictures and post them on our friends Myspace walls as a Valentines card.

 

Boys Bathroom Madness.
 

Wore matching shoes to stake dances.
 

Had pie parties.
 

And jammed. All the time. And sometimes played shows.

I guess you could say we were a little weird. But whatevs, we had fun.

Anyway, this girl got married and now Megan and her are both Swensons. So I'll know when I've found the right man when his last name is Swenson.

 

You go, guuurl.

No comments:

Post a Comment