3.14.2011

part 2

i did this a while ago. but I wanna do it again. so here's some songs i've been listening to lately and what i think of when i hear them.

the way we talk (the maine)
high school. summer. driving in the car with megan. i was in love with the maine.

dutty love (sean kingston)
it all started in the fall riding down to the jazz game with matt and bruce. i picked it on the ipod 2 or 3 times till matt got sick of it. next time was driving to cafe with lizzie, matt, and jake. and every time we drove somewhere for the next few weeks. so now every time I hear this song i think of matt and lizzie.

just a dream (nelly)
after dutty love got old, we moved onto this one. and you know the rest.

speak to me gently (future of forestry)
one of the first times i jammed with jake caleb came too. the three of us took turns playing a song. caleb played this one. so this song reminds me of jake and caleb.

my immortal (evanescence)
i always wanted to be in a talent show when I was younger. i learned this song on the piano around 7th grade. i tried out for the school talent show and i sure didn't make it. i was pretty bummed. especially cause a lot of the acts weren't super. but maybe mine wasn't either? anywho,
i was pretty terrified to tryout. and this song always reminds me of middle school because of this.

strawberry swing (coldplay)
my brother, andrew, is kinda weird sometimes. he would do this retarded walk to this song. never fails to make me laugh. and that's what this song reminds me of. thank you, andrew.

No comments:

Post a Comment