10.02.2014

half of a marathon

i completed half of a marathon a few weeks ago. that's 13.1 miles, if you didn't know. i never thought i'd make it that far. but, i did! obviously. katie and i ran it. not together though, because katie beat me by like 25 minutes. after one mile she said, "see ya!" and took off. it's okay though, because i just kept going. it was like the tortoise and the hare. except the hare totally won, but the tortoise still finished. and it was actually fun! running down big cottonwood in the mornin. the last few miles got a bit treacherous, especially the last little bit to the finish line. i couldn't keep running! i had to stop! but i couldn't! there were too many bystanders! so i ran my little heart out and finished with a whopping time of 2 hours and 17 minutes!
lindsay, mom, dad, and a cute boy were waiting for us at the finish line.
after the big run i grabbed some powerade and pizza and got a nice little massage.


I can finally check that off my dear bucket list. But of course I'll do it again. I think.

(Sorry, these picz are kinda blurry due to phone camera lack of quality)

No comments:

Post a Comment