6.11.2013

the worst

I don't mean to be dramatic but Sunday was the WORST birthday in all my years.

I turned 23.

The day before, I drove 3 hours away from home to Twin Falls, Idaho, for my dietetic internship. I've never been to this town. And for good reason. I've learned that this really is the white trash capital of the world. On Saturday I went to Walmart, and I think the Twin Falls Walmart is where they get all those 'People of Walmart' photos.

Sunday I went to church with my new roommate. Not a soul knew it was my birthday. When I got home I cried all day. Cried and cried. I felt super sick, probably because of all that crying. All I ate was a bowl of Raisin Bran and a banana. What a birthday meal!

Luckily, I talked to almost every family member and a friend or two. That's the only thing that made the day a tiny bit bearable.

But it's over, thank heavens. I started my internship on Monday and it should be fun. This week is a little slow because I'm working with the diet techs. I pretty much already know how to do what they do. I'm ready to move on! But things will speed up and get more exciting next week.

I met some friends yesterday who go to Utah State. I instantly fell in love with them, because anyone who goes to Utah State is my friend. I always loved that school, but I didn't realize how much! Utah State is my best homie.

Twin Falls is getting better, now that I'm getting going. But, oh how I miss Logan and home.


2 comments:

  1. emily:( im sorry you had a bad birthday. well i sure like you! and i think youre freaking amazing! good luck with your internship!! love your guts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. EVERY single time I see that picture of you and the llama I die laughing. EVERY TIME.

    ReplyDelete