1.16.2013

slow strider

i am a very, very slow walker. i got it from my mother. she likes to walk as slowly as possible, while people watching in every direction. i don't do as much of the people watching. i just walk slow. when i'm on my way to class and realize that i'm going to be late, i can't get myself to walk faster.

like today.

class started in 3 minutes and i was a 6 minute emily walk away. these 2 kids from my class crossed the street to walk right in front of me. i said to myself, "keep up with them." well, they looked like they were walking, but really they were running, which i very quickly discovered. i could not keep up. i started walking faster, fast enough to get me breathing much faster. i looked up, they were gone! not really, but they were a lot smaller than they had been 5 seconds ago.

i was late. they weren't.

1 comment:

  1. Ha! You did get that from Mom. "6 min Emily walk", love it. I got my walking speed from Dad. People are bugged by how fast I walk. Sorry you were late :>|

    ReplyDelete