10.06.2011

momma

If you don't know my mom, chances are you don't know what cool is. No offense.
It's just that I googled the definition of 'cool' and these are the results:

cool/ko͞ol/

Adjective: Fashionably attractive or impressive.
   - I always wore sunglasses to look cool.
   - Bonnie is cool.
Noun: The quality of being like Bonnie.

So you can see that I'm not making this up.

So since probably some of you don't know what that definition means, I'll tell you.

There's a lot of fun things you can do when you have a cool mom. Like crafts, eating out, chatting, making rolls or other goodies, eating delicious mom-made food, being punny, going boating, laughing, grocery shopping, and making sure your bed is made.

I've learned some valuable lessons from Mom.

One thing is that when you're boating and you're about to jump into the cold water, it suddenly becomes a 'hot summer day'.

Another thing is that you better go potty before you leave the house. And also make sure everyone else does.

I also learned from Mother that 'smack' is the new 'snap'.  One time Mom, a sister or two, and myself were making some food. It turned out perfect and Mom said, "SMACK!" Kinda like how people would say, "Snap!"

Sometimes she can be a little sarcastic...
Lindsay told me the story of she and mom going to Costco. Lindsay got out of the car and started walking while Mom just sat in the car.  Lindsay went back and said, "Mom, are you comin?"  Mom said, "No, I'm just going to sit here while you go in."

She called me gothic when I dyed my hair black... even though I wore yellow and other brightly colored shirts.

Back when I took guitar lessons from Jon Dansie and described him to her she asked, "Why do old musicians always have Jesus haircuts?!" If only I knew.

I like her.

1 comment: