7.29.2010

Future Foundations

Today we went to an orphanage called Future Foundations. On Tuesday when we were at the Aids Clinic a bunch of little kids came in. I talked to the guy they were with and found that he was the head of an orphanage of about 22 kids. So I set up a time for me and Kurt to come, which was today.



It was so much fun. The kids are adorable. Especially the boys. I just love little boys. They're Christian, so they all called me Sister.

We made bead bracelets, played Simon Says, and played their version of Down By The Banks. I brought little baggies, each including a toothbrush, toothpaste, and 2 flosses. We gave them a little lesson about brushing your teeth: how to do it, why you should do it, and what happens if you don't do it. They were pretty excited.

They all love to shake your hand. I taught them how to high 5 and they all wanted to do these complicated secret handshakes with me that took forever. Super funny.

They fed us breakfast and lunch. WAY too much food. I ate slowly to avoid them giving me more. Kurt wasn't so smart. He ate way fast and the guy loaded him with more rice. Before eating, the kids said a 'prayer'. It was a song to the tune of 'Mary Had A Little Lamb'. They sang something like, "Thank you, Jesus, for this food..." During lunch there was burping all around. It made me laugh.

One kid could dance I tell you. I taught him some moves and he caught on way quick. He also had some moves of his own.



I taught these 3 boys some sweet moves. They learned it in less than 10 minutes.



These boys were the cutest.



1 comment:

  1. Oh my heck, I LOVE the dance moves, HA! My little heart hurts because I want to be there doing that stuff with you! You're awesome ;)

    ReplyDelete