7.19.2010

Airplanes

4 of them. 3 days. 4 security checks. 2 hotels. 5 airports.



























On Thursday, July 15, my mom, dad, and Lindsay took me to the airport so I could fly myself to India. Or I guess have someone fly me to India. I'm going with an organization called HELP International to volunteer.

Anywho, I met up with some kid named Kurt who is going. We flew from Salt Lake to Chicago, which was about 2.5 hours. But when we landed in Chicago, we ran into a bit of a snag. Our flight from Chicago to England at around 9:30 was delayed till 7:30 the next morning. 10 hours.

So we had to go through this long line and get new flights and food vouchers (Which Kurt lost. Awesome. ) and a hotel. So we ended up staying at the Hilton Hotel and getting our own rooms. It was pretty sweet.

The next day we flew to London. Then we had to stay overnight at a hotel called Thistle. Then on Saturday we went to the airport to catch our flight. This is where I saw the most beautiful man I have ever set eyes on. Unfortunately, this is the best picture I could get.



He was not the only beautiful man I saw. I think I'll have to take my sisters to London sometime so we can get ourselves some husbands.

We flew into Dubai from London, which was creepy. All these scarved people. You couldn't see their faces, just the eyes. When we got onto our plane to Hyderabad, we were the only white people. It was super awkward. But that was only 3 hours or so.

Our luggage was lost, of course. It's coming in today so we'll probably get it tomorrow. I can't remember the last time my armpits had so much hair. Can't wait for my razor!

Kristen (my country director) and Natalie (another volunteer) picked us up from the airport and we drove about 45 minutes to our house. It's decent. I mean, everything in Hyderabad is old and crappy. So our house is too, but it's nice enough to live in.

1 comment:

  1. Hope you got your razor, yikes. And I'm up for a London trip anytime :)

    ReplyDelete