8.07.2012

brother

My brother is graduating Officer Candidate School in the Marines this week.
 
 Sometimes, I'm embarrassed that he's so cool.






[he's the tall, good looking one...
kinda like me, except for the tall part]

Andrew is one of my favorite people. I've always wanted to be just like him, ever since I was young.

Andrew played soccer, then I played soccer. 
He broke his nose playing soccer, then I fractured mine playing soccer.
Andrew listened to rock music like Hoobastank and Red Hot Chili Peppers. So I did.
He played bass in a band, then I played guitar in a band. 
Andrew was cocky, so I got cocky.

[these are most likely not all purposeful]

One time, I wanted a copy of his Hoobastank cd. So in exchange for letting me burn it (he didn't have to do a thing btw), he made me do the dishes on his night... and then I had to go get the cd and make a copy.

One time on the first day of school, he sent me this voice message:

 

...So you see why I always wanted to be like him.

Now that he's joined the Marines, I think my copycat days are over.
[but for reals i didn't copy everything he did, just some stuff]

2 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHA that voicemail is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, good post. And VM. I have a dopey one he left me like 3 yrs ago still on my phone. And now, I will finish writing my Andrew post...

    ReplyDelete