11.27.2011

thanksgivingsday


It was a very nice occasion on which my mother's whole family came over. My favorite part was when it was just me, my sibs, and the folks. We got out some bubbly, played some music, and had some fine dining. I also read a new book which I LOVED. It's called Divergent. Read it.

On Monday I was the only kid home with my parents. We wanted to try this new Indian restaurant. So we got some chicken curry there and 2 meals at Cafe Rio just in case the Indian sucked. But it didn't suck. Not to Dad and me. I enjoyed it. He devoured it.

Wanna know everything I ate during the break? I'll tell you anyway.

Chicken curry
Cafe Rio pork enchilada w/beans and rice
Cauliflower soup
Banana pie
Cookies
Turkey
jk i don't have time for this.

I've learned that the longer I stay at home, the more I don't want to come back up to Logan. Especially when you don't love your roommates. This week confirmed that knowledge once again. I didn't really relish the idea of leaving my nice, big, warm, food filled, parent occupied, clean house.  But I guess the thought that I'll be back in less than 3 weeks helps me get through that hardship.

Cheers to Thanksgiving.

p.s. I'm thankful for all those things I ate, Pillow talk with sisters, new Christmas quilt from Mom, Dad's hugs, the sight of my brother and sister-in-law after 3 months, car talk with Katie, Lindsay almost always coming to the store with me, and Carlee letting me sleep in the bed instead of on the couch. Also, bubbly.

1 comment:

  1. Amen to the first paragraph. And the ~4th one down. I mighta been a tich teary eyed on my way home...sigh...I hate the end of great fam time...

    ReplyDelete