5.28.2011

number 4

Last week I got my 4th cruise out of the way. My fam went on the Freedom of the Seas for a week. It was an excellent ship. Complete with a rock wall, Flowrider, and ice skating rink.

We left for our voyage Saturday night (May 14) at 11:00. Our flight left around 1 am. When we landed in Atlanta for our connection to Orlando, I felt like death. It was 5 am Utah time and I hadn't slept all night and I was on an airplane. Blerg. But it ended up being quite worth it as we got on the ship that afternoon at Port Canaveral. It was the biggest ship in the dock. We ate at the buffet, took naps in our staterooms, ate a fancy dinner, and Lindsay and I checked out the hot tubs.

Monday was when the real fun began. The Flowrider was running that morning. I needed help getting out, as I'd never done it before and it is a pretty hard task. I did pretty well for a while. But I kept turning and falling. I did a 180 though. Unintentionally, but still.

Don't worry, though. By the 3rd day I was pushing myself out. And by the last day I was going out from the top... which is fairly difficult. Lindsay and I were the only girls that did it. But still don't worry. All my sisters were the only girls that went pretty much everyday. Other girls would try once or twice then ditch. But no, us Jenkins girls were determined to succeed. And that's what we did.

We also did some rock climbing. It was fun. And really high.

Tuesday we hit our first port: Labadee, Haiti. This is the ships private beach, so we just laid out and swam.



Wednesday we hit Jamaica. We got a driver, Conrad, who took us to Dunns River Falls. We climbed the water fall twice. I did this with Lindsay, Mom, and Dad a few years ago and we loved it so much we had to do it again with the whole fam!



Thursday was Grand Cayman. That's where we swam with some stingrays.



Friday we went to Cozumel, Mexico. We snorkeled there.

Every night we had dinner at this fancy restaurant. Honestly, it wasn't that good. But it was still really fun. They also had a little pizza place that I went to pretty much every day. It was waaay good. And on one of the last nights, Lindsay and I went to the buffet and found that they had some Indian food!

Saturday was another ship day. Flowrider, napping, and food was pretty much what my day consisted of. It was super fun.

Moral of the story: Best cruise ever. I'm already cruise sick.

1 comment:

  1. Woot, woot for the Flowridin' Jenkins girls, we kinda rock :)

    ReplyDelete